find the latest legal job
Corporate Counsel and Company Secretary
Category: Generalists - In House | Location: Newcastle, Maitland & Hunter NSW
· Highly-respected, innovative and entrepreneurial Not-for-Profit · Competency based Board
View details
Chief Counsel and Company Secretary
Category: Generalists - In House | Location: Newcastle, Maitland & Hunter NSW
· Dynamic, high growth organisation · ASX listed market leader
View details
In-house Projects Lawyer | Renewables / Solar | 2-5 Years PQE
Category: Generalists - In House | Location: All Australia
· Help design the future · NASDAQ Listed
View details
Property lawyer - Melbourne
Category: Property Law | Location: Melbourne CBD & Inner Suburbs Melbourne VIC
· Impressive client list, national firm · Well-led and high-performing team
View details
Senior family lawyer - Melbourne
Category: Family Law | Location: Melbourne CBD & Inner Suburbs Melbourne VIC
· Outstanding national firm · High-calibre family law team
View details
Sun shines on radio deal

Sun shines on radio deal

Holding Redlich and Johnson Winter & Slattery have acted on the sale of two Sunshine Coast FM radio stations to Eon Broadcasting Pty Ltd.

Firms: Holding Redlich (Southern Cross Austereo); Johnson Winter & Slattery (Eon)

Deal: Sale of two Sunshine Coast FM radio stations to Eon Broadcasting Pty Ltd (Eon)

Area: Media

Value: $17.75 million

Key players: Holding Redlich partner Ian Robertson (pictured) was the lead lawyer on the transaction

Deal significance: Southern Cross Austereo has entered into an agreement with Eon to sell all of its shares in Sunshine Coast Broadcasters Pty Ltd. The acquisition is expected to complete in the next two weeks. The sale of Sunshine Coast Broadcasters, which operates two FM radio stations, Sea FM and Mix FM, comes as a result of an undertaking provided to the Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA) following the merger of the Southern Cross and Austereo businesses in 2011. Eon is a 90 percent held subsidiary of Oceania Capital Partners Limited, while the remaining 10 percent is held by The Wheatley Organisation Pty Limited. Founder of The Wheatley Organisation, Glenn Wheatley, will consult to Eon Broadcasting on the operation of the two stations, which service one of the fastest-growing population areas in Australia.

Like this story? Read more:

QLS condemns actions of disgraced lawyer as ‘stain on the profession’

NSW proposes big justice reforms to target risk of reoffending

The legal budget breakdown 2017

The transaction is subject to customary closing conditions.
Sun shines on radio deal
lawyersweekly logo
Promoted content
Recommended by Spike Native Network
more from lawyers weekly
Warning
Aug 23 2017
NT Law Society sounds alarm on mandatory sentencing
The Law Society Northern Territory has issued a warning over mandatory sentencing, saying it hasn’...
Unite
Aug 22 2017
Professionals unite in support of marriage equality
The presidents of representative bodies for solicitors, barristers and doctors in NSW have come toge...
Aug 21 2017
Is your firm on the right track for gig economy gains?
Promoted by Crowd & Co. The way we do business, where we work, how we engage with workers, ev...
APPOINTMENTS
Allens managing partner Richard Spurio, image courtesy Allens' website
Jun 21 2017
Promo season at Allens
A group of lawyers at Allens have received promotions across its PNG and Australian offices. ...
May 11 2017
Partner exits for in-house role
A Victorian lawyer has left the partnership of a national firm to start a new gig with state governm...
Esteban Gomez
May 11 2017
National firm recruits ‘major asset’
A national law firm has announced it has appointed a new corporate partner who brings over 15 years'...
opinion
Nicole Rich
May 16 2017
Access to justice for young transgender Australians
Reform is looming for the process that young transgender Australians and their families must current...
Geoff Roberson
May 11 2017
The lighter side of the law: when law and comedy collide
On the face of it, there doesn’t seem to be much that is amusing about the law, writes Geoff Rober...
Help
May 10 2017
Advocate’s immunity – without fear or without favour but not both
On 29 March 2017, the High Court handed down its decision in David Kendirjian v Eugene Lepore & ...