- Are you an experienced Associate Lawyer confident in your technical knowledge and driven towards finding solutions?
- Join a resilient, boutique law firm navigating through the complexities of the burgeoning industrial sector!
- Experience a deep learning culture where your skills will remain valuable to the market!
- Salary up to $100,000, plus relocation assistance and a host of additional benefits!
Sharpe & Abel
- You will never look at a bridge or building the same way -
In partnership with industrial innovators, leaders and technologists, Sharpe & Abel are more than just legal and business experts, they're problem solvers. A resilient, boutique firm established in the heart of Richmond in 2012, their team of legal strategists, with local and international expertise, work side by side with clients to realise their industrial plans; taking them to the Australian market and opening them up to the world.
With a deep-seated learning culture that prioritises integrity, enables curiosity, and cultivates technical prowess, the service Sharpe & Abel are equipped to provide in the industrial technology sector is results-driven and comprehensive. Genuinely interested in having conversations and curious about you, the team are at their best when they understand the complete context behind your company's plans in order to guide you through the legal complexity this sector entails.
As the go-to legal firm for the burgeoning industrial sector, Sharpe & Abel are inspired by technical innovators and are passionate about helping businesses prosper; so that the plans your company has made in the present, can bring the world into the future.
About the Opportunity
Sharpe & Abel now has an opportunity for a driven Associate Lawyer to join their expert team in Richmond, VIC on a full-time temporary basis as part of a maternity leave contract. The position will run for a minimum of 6 months with opportunity for permanency for a candidate that demonstrates technical expertise and embodies the values that Sharpe & Abel have built their success upon.
Reporting to the Legal Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for identifying legal principles relevant to corporate and commercial matters and applying them to complex individual cases.
Some of the key responsibilities will include (but will not be limited to):
- Negotiating complex and detailed contracts concerning some of Australia’s most high-profile infrastructure and construction projects; and
- Advising on legal requirements for the development of new industrial products and services;
- Drafting contracts for new business models;
- Assisting senior lawyers in resolving client problems when they are in crisis;
- Maintaining knowledge of civil procedure and evidence to case-manage disputes and gather required evidence; and
- Interacting with clients through periodic scheduled calls with support from co-workers as required.
Please note: Sharpe & Abel are active proponents of workplace diversity and pride themselves on being an Equal Opportunity Employer. As such they strongly encourage candidates from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) backgrounds to apply, and will provide financial and technical support to foreign qualified lawyers in order to re-qualify in Australia.
About the Benefits
In return for your drive and expertise, you will be rewarded with a salary up to $100,000 (incl. super), commensurate with skills and experience and renegotiable post probation.
Sharpe & Abel has a deep learning culture that is hard-coded into all facets of their business. The firm is focused on creating a collaborative environment where staff are able to exist simultaneously as both teachers and learners. Once a month and quarterly they host teaching and learning lessons as part of their commitment to continuous learning, ensuring employee skills and knowledge remain current and valuable to the market.
Notwithstanding the above, the successful candidate will also enjoy a host of additional benefits including:
- Relocation Assistance;
- Financial/technical assistance to help foreign lawyers re-qualify in Australia;
- Flexible working hours, and an ability to work from anywhere (where applicable);
- On-site parking;
- Niche and robust industrial industry experience;
- Mobile phone & laptop; and
- Access to research resources.
Quite fittingly, you will also be able to work in a modern converted warehouse with ample open spaces and natural light, conveniently located within close proximity to public transport and arguably the best Vietnamese food Australia has to offer!