About the business and the role
ClubsNSW is the peak representative body for more than 1200 registered clubs in NSW. Our membership is comprise of a diverse range of sporting and community clubs including RSL, bowls, golf and leagues clubs
Job tasks and responsibilities
Reporting to Legal Counsel you will:
· Draft, review, negotiate a range of internally generated commercial contracts including partnership and service agreements
· Take instructions and liaise directly with internal clients regarding contract review and completion
· Maintain the centralised contract register (M-files)
· Produce reports from the centralised contract
· Handle complaints to the ClubsNSW Code of Practice and manage related correspondence
· Attend Code Authority meetings and be engaged with Code Authority members
Skills and experience
The ideal candidate will be an Australian qualified lawyer with at least 2-3 years PQE and completed 24 months supervised practice.
To be considered for this role you will need good contract drafting skills; a commercial "no-nonsense" attitude; an ability to work autonomously and solid contract negotiation skills.
Exposure or familiarity with the licensed club legal environment or an industry association would be desirable.
Job benefits and perks
We're located close to Town Hall station, in recently refurbished modern offices. We've a great range of employee benefits and a positive team culture. We celebrate shared successes and get together over weekly Friday drinks.