About the Role
Join the Infrastructure, Utilities and Energy Team of the Year 2017 (Lawyers Weekly Corporate Counsel Awards) and kickstart your career inhouse! Work together and learn from our highly experienced senior lawyers. You will be providing crucial legal support for our Business Sales area, advising and negotiating commercial and industrial customer contracts and tenders and utilising your excellent drafting skills.
- Providing legal advice to AGL on legal and regulatory aspects of various transactions, mainly in the areas of business customer contracting, product development and communications.
- Providing advice to support contract management and disputes/litigation.
- Assisting to deliver legal training programs to develop awareness and understanding of legal issues.
- Developing and maintaining an understanding of the regulatory landscape as well as advising on the legal implications of legislative and policy changes. This includes assisting with regulatory submissions.
- This is a 12 months fixed term opportunity.
- At least four years post admission experience in private practice, preferably top or mid-tier, or in-house legal role (or a combination of both).
- Ability to prioritise and work to tight deadlines.
- Superb interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong business relationships internally and externally.
- Bachelor of Laws degree and admitted to practise in the applicable Australian jurisdiction.
What’s in it for you?
You’ll be working in an A-grade building with state of the art activity based working facilities. Being supported by our new flexible ways of working. We call it Smarter Working.
You’ll get the opportunity to work with some of the most engaged and innovative in the business. Being exposed to more opportunities to advance your skills and career.
Working in a company the size of ours the sky’s the limit for your career aspirations and we’re focused on investing in you.
It truly is an exciting time to be part of AGL Energy as we lead the way in generating sustainable energy solutions for all Australians. With a heritage of over 175 years and listed in the top 50 companies on the ASX, AGL offers a genuinely diverse, safe and supportive work environment, which ere "actions not words" fosters a culture of achievement and personal development.
How to Apply
Come with us on a journey of exploration and creativity, doing the same things differently, better, faster by encompassing innovation and passion for a more sustainable world.
Apply now to the AGL Careers team via the online application link. For a confidential discussion, please call Edith Chan on 03 8633 6575.