At Orbit, we are working differently
A pioneer in the Australian legal market, Orbit Legal Resourcing, was launched by Corrs Chambers Westgarth in 2014 and is providing Australian lawyers with a different way of working.
The traditional legal market is evolving and today, many lawyers are looking for alternative career paths. Careers that provide them with an opportunity to balance professional and personal goals by choosing when they work, how they work, and who they work for.
Since 2014, Orbit has built a network of experienced lawyers and is delivering flexibility and control through offering lawyers short to medium term assignments either within Corrs or in-house with one of our clients. As an Orbit Lawyer, your professional development is assured with access to interesting, diverse and challenging work.
With Orbit you’ll be able to choose the assignments that suit you and your lifestyle.
We are currently experiencing high levels of client demand across Melbourne and Sydney which means we are looking for highly-skilled lawyers to continue to expand our network. Demand is particularly high for lawyers with strong technical expertise and/or in-house experience in:
All Orbit Lawyers are self-employed which means you’re an incorporated legal practice or sole practitioner and in control of how you work, when you work and who you work for. In addition, to join us you’ll need an Australian unrestricted practising certificate and associated insurances.
You will also have a minimum of five years’ post-qualification experience at a top tier law firm in your area of expertise and/or quality in-house experience in a large corporate in Australia or abroad.
What makes a great Orbit Lawyer not just a great lawyer?
- You are flexible and adaptable
- You are commercially minded
- You are a self-starter with the desire and ability to continuously acquire, build upon and share knowledge.
- You have demonstrated drive and initiative
- You have exceptional stakeholder management skills
- You are an excellent communicator – both written and verbal
- You have an ability to hit the ground running and add value
- You are a collaborative team player with the ability to develop and work in a fast paced, intellectually rigorous environment