Curtin University is ranked in the top 200 universities worldwide (ARWU 2017), and in the top 50 in the world for universities under the age of 50 (QS World University Rankings 2017). In recent years, Curtin has climbed significantly in global league tables and in the 2016 Nature Index results, Curtin was named as a rising star, the most collaborative of the Australian universities, and the biggest Australian mover. Curtin is industry-facing, highly engaged with relevant partners, and a major global player, with well-integrated campuses in Singapore, Malaysia, and Dubai.
The Curtin Law School
Curtin Law School aims to provide an outstanding legal education in close association with the WA legal profession. In addition to providing a high quality city based law degree, the Law School operates the John Curtin Law Clinic and is co-located with Murray Chambers. These activities provide unique opportunities for students to interact with members of the profession. The establishment of a university based Practical Legal Training program forms an important part of the vision for Curtin Law School. It is expected that the program will commence in 2019.
Your new role
As PLT Course Coordinator, you will be responsible for developing course material for the Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice and you will teach into the program.
- Provide a high quality learning experience for students;
- Create curriculum and develop learning materials for the PLT Program;
- Conduct face-to face, online and distributed learning activities;
- Deliver and continually develop your own high quality and innovative teaching techniques and course materials to create enthusiasm and understanding amongst students
You will bring to the role
- A tertiary qualification in law and eligibility to practise as a lawyer in an Australian jurisdiction
- At least 5 years’ post-admission experience as a legal practitioner in Western Australia
- High level teaching skills and a reflective approach to teaching
- Proficiency in use of IT systems and online educational technologies
What we offer you
- 12 month full time contract, with scope to extend
- Be involved in getting course content approved by the Legal Practice Board, and taking the program forward
The salary ranges presented are those which are contained within the University's Enterprise Agreements; as are the employee benefits which include employer superannuation contribution at the rate of the current Government Superannuation Guarantee amount up to 17 percent, study assistance, a comprehensive salary packaging and wellness programs and flexible and family friendly work practices.
Valuing Diversity and Affirmative Action
Curtin University embraces diversity and inclusion and invites applications from women, men and intersex individuals who share the University's values, ethics, international outlook, value diversity and have an informed respect for indigenous people. We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a positive, barrier-free recruitment process and supportive workplace, therefore, if you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application. We will then work with you to identify the best way to assist you through the recruitment process. All personal information will be kept confidential in compliance with relevant privacy legislation.
To apply complete the application form at: http://applynow.net.au/jobs/ni/CURTIN62-lecturer-alb-alc-practical-legal-training-program.
Applications close: 5pm, Wednesday 4 April 2018
For More information contact:
Tanya Castlemain, School Business Manager
Phone: 08 9266 7147
Curtin reserves the right at its sole discretion to withdraw from the recruitment process, not to make an appointment, or to appoint by invitation, at any time.