Step into our world and discover a nationwide family united by passion and imagination. At oOh!, we’re proud collaborators, which means we have the confidence to explore new territories because we will always explore together. We experiment with cutting edge technology, test the bounds of our creativity, and lead our industry down exciting new paths. And when we do that well, we celebrate it.
Here is why we need you…
Due to ongoing business transformation and growth we're looking to appoint a new Legal Counsel member to assist with the management and execution of all legal activity, company secretarial and investor relations activity across the ANZ Group.
Here’s what you’ll do…
You will work autonomously at a senior level on key commercial, data and technology matters including major commercial and regulatory transactions of the group activity and supports the Group Governance and Company Secretariat functions.
You will be the primary contact for Technology, Media, Telecommunications, IT and Intellectual Property, Commercial Transactions for the Retail and Locate businesses, with some Disputes and Litigation. In this role you will be managing a Paralegal with responsibility for Commercial Retail Licensing and Procurement, and function as a strong cross-functional leader and strategic business partner to the senior management team with capability to add value.
You will develop a deep understanding of the company’s short and long-term goals and priorities and be able to provide appropriate and responsive legal support and guidance.
- Review, draft and negotiate a wide variety of agreements, including digital & tech media contracts, such as
partnership agreements, software licences, data development agreements, support agreements and agreements for the distribution of services on different platforms, marketing service and vendor agreements, sponsorship agreements, promotional agreements, and charitable co-venture agreements
- Advise on consumer issues including consumer protection, marketing-related regulatory matters and self-regulatory codes, privacy/spam compliance and trade competitions
- Review, draft & negotiate property leases & licences plus general procurement contracts in ANZ
- Manage the content review for all advertising, and support for media contract and sales activity
- Co-manage oOh!’s IP portfolio
- Provide general commercial legal advice
- Collaborate with business units to achieve corporate objectives and mitigate unnecessary business risk
- Manage contractual disputes
- Assist with template development and legal process improvements
This is what you’ll look like…
- 3-4 years as a lawyer admitted to practice law in Australia with top or mid-tier law firm or in-house experience
- TMT, Advertising, Data, and Privacy experience essential
- A successful & experienced negotiator of contracts with a team player mentality
- Confident when communicating at all level and have skills to support working autonomously
- Be able to provide quality mentorship and leadership to more junior team members
- Be highly organised, personable, a strong team player and all round good communicator
- Experience in an ASX listed company, tech start up or the media sector is highly desirable... as is a sense of humor!
If you’re curious, brave, and ready to leap into a career like no other, we’re ready to open our doors to you.
If this isn’t the right role for you, we’d love for you to be part of our Talent Community so you can be the first in line to be considered when a new opportunity comes up.