Innovation is at the heart of how we operate and how we thrive in the competitive airline and travel industry. Together we work hard, we laugh, we share, we support each other, we look after each other and we celebrate our successes.
At Jetstar you can expect the unexpected and because we are constantly evolving you’ll get the chance to think ahead, explore new ideas and contribute in a positive, entrepreneurial environment.
The Jetstar Legal Team is looking for a resilient and solution-focussed lawyer to support the team in providing commercially astute legal advice and services to the airline’s business areas, in particular the IT, customer strategy, sales, marketing and procurement functions.
Reporting to the Chief Legal Counsel, your main accountabilities will include:
• Drafting, reviewing and assisting in the negotiation of a wide range of commercial contracts (including IT, sales, marketing, ground handling, general procurement and other commercial agreements)
• Advising on intellectual property registration and protection
• Advising on dispute resolution, including alternative dispute resolution
• Working closely to support the Legal team including providing support in relation to regulatory investigations
• Providing advice and guidance to the business in relation to contracts and compliance
• Monitoring developments in relevant areas of law, regulation or practice that might affect the business, and prepare Jetstar to respond
• Identifying legal risks and recommend solutions
To be successful in this role, you will demonstrate the following skills & experience:
• Law degree with Australian practicing certificate
• Training in a top/mid-tier firm preferably with in-house experience (including via secondment)
• Commercial and dispute resolution generalist practice experience
• Exceptionally strong commercial drafting skills
• Personal resilience and confidence
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail
• Excellent contract review, drafting and negotiation skills
• Excellent dispute resolution skills
• Ability to manage competing demands and prioritise tight deadlines
The Jetstar Group has airlines in Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Japan and Vietnam. Since launch in 2004, we have grown from a team of 700 to 7,600 and have flown more than 200 million passengers. Collectively we now offer more than 4,200 flights a week to more than 80 destinations in 17 countries and territories across the Asia Pacific region, with a fleet of more than 120 aircraft. Our vision is to make the world more accessible, and our mission is to set the standard for everyday low fares, fun travel and great value.