Sanitarium Health & Wellbeing Company is Australian owned and a leader in the food industry. Sanitarium’s mission is focused on improving health and wellbeing in our community and as an organisation it is recognised as one of Australia’s most trusted brands. Producing Australia’s favourite breakfast cereal Weet-Bix and Australia’s leading liquid breakfast – Up & Go.
There are several other food, beverage and services entities which are cared for by the same team.
Due to continued growth and our growing need for legal expertise a fantastic new opportunity exists for a dynamic Legal Counsel to join our Treasury and Advisory team in support of Sanitarium Health & Wellbeing Company as well as a range of other entities including international FMCG businesses and joint ventures.
In this role you will provide a variety of general corporate and commercial legal services to this group of entities. The primary functions of this role include the review and maintenance of core legal documentation, reviewing and approval of various legal documentation, undertaking legal reviews of corporate matters and conducting negotiations as required and through the liaison with internal and external stake holders, clients and external counsel.
This role is located at our Head Office in Berkeley Vale on the pristine Central Coast of NSW.
We are looking for an individual who has demonstrated experience as in-house legal counsel with experience in commercial contracts and negotiations as well as intellectual property rights and related licensing. Additionally you will have:
- Minimum 5 years relevant post admission experience
- Ability to organise well, prioritise tasks effectively and work efficiently and independently
- Exceptional negotiation and interpersonal skills to motivate and influence
- Strong communication capabilities – both written and verbal
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple stakeholders with various expectations
- Curiosity and flexibility, is proactive and demonstrates initiative
- A desire to learn and understand business models and their key drivers/risks
- Strong reasoning ability and problem-solving skills
- Advanced skills in most the Microsoft Office suite of products
- Continuous improvement mindset
Qualifications and experience
- Relevant legal qualification such as Bachelor of Law
- Admitted to practice in New South Wales (or relevant jurisdiction)
- Post graduate / industry certifications will be well regarded
We are an organisation driven by our mission and values. If you share our passion for what we do, our products and can respect our Christian based principles then this is a great opportunity for you.
The selection process will include interviews, online and functional testing, reference checking, medical as well as a background check.
Applications close Wednesday 22 August 2018