At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
UNSW Law is Australia’s leader in progressive and rigorous legal education and research. Ranked 16th in the world among all law schools, UNSW Law is committed to the development of contemporary professional skills and inspired by principles of justice. UNSW Law through its teaching, research and community outreach promotes a holistic understanding of law and its role in society. The Faculty’s strong sense of social responsibility embodies a commitment to promoting equity, diversity, and social justice while actively engaging in law reform and policy development domestically, regionally, and globally.
About the role
- $83K-$89K plus (17% superannuation and leave loading) Pro Rata
- Fixed-term (2 years)
- Part-time 21 hours per week (alternative hours will also be considered)
The Legal Profession Advisor is responsible for providing assistance and support to the Legal Profession Manager in achieving placement success and provision of best practice career services for Law students to ensure that UNSW Law is the preferred choice for employers seeking those with law qualifications. This role will also organise the UNSW Law Summer Clerkship program and provide advice to students.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Demonstrated experience in employing law graduates from key sectors
- Proven ability to identify project needs across the career services portfolio and develop proposals for success
- Demonstrated success in the coordination, preparation and delivery of workshops and presentations, preferably in the legal profession
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact with a wide range of audiences
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent directly to the contact listed.
Legal Profession Advisor - L6 - UNSW Law - PD.pdf
Steve Lalic Talent Acquisition Consultant
T: (61 2) 9385 3426
Applications close: 16th September 2018
Find out more about working at UNSW at http://www.law.unsw.edu.au/
UNSW is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity