Gilbert + Tobin is the leading independent Australian commercial law firm. We pride ourselves on providing commercial and innovative legal advice to clients across Australia and internationally. We are trusted legal adviser for many industry leaders who value our entrepreneurial culture and determination to succeed. We are recognised in Chambers Global and Asia Pacific Legal 500 as an expert in its fields. We have over 70 Partners and 500 professionals working in our Sydney, Melbourne and Perth offices.
Our M&A and Corporate Advisory Group
Our M&A and Corporate Advisory group advises on public and private M&A, equity capital markets transactions, joint ventures, company law and governance matters. The team has an impressive record acting on “bet the farm” and ground breaking corporate deals.
We are ranked Band 1 by Chambers Asia Pacific in Corporate/M&A, Equity Capital Markets and Private Equity. We are a trusted adviser to ASX 100 companies, multi-national corporations and private equity firms.
The Melbourne M&A team is led by Neil Pathak and Craig Semple each of whom is recognised as leading M&A lawyers in all legal directories.
Recent transactions that we have advised our clients on include:
- Spotless’ defence of Downer’s $1.2 billion hostile takeover bid
- Ansell’s strategic review of its Sexual Wellness business
- AB Inbev’s $100 billion plus takeover of SAB Miller (ie Carlton and United Breweries)
- Viva Energy REIT on its $1.5 billion IPO
- Woolworths’ $2.15 billion acquisition of David Jones by scheme of arrangement and acquisition by takeover of minorities in Country Road
- APN Property Group proposed IPO of Retail Property Fund
The Melbourne team also does work for a number of Australia’s largest companies including AusNet Services, BlueScope, Dulux, Orica, Telstra and Wesfarmers as well as global private equity firms such as TPG Capital, Blackstone and KKR.
Meet the Melbourne Corporate Advisory Partners: Neil Pathak, Craig Semple, Ben Macdonald, Nirangjan Nagarajah
As a valued member of the Corporate Advisory team you will work on various matters relating to:
- Public company takeovers and schemes of arrangement
- Private mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures and disposals.
- Private equity transactions.
- IPOs, placements, rights issues, buy-backs and capital reductions.
- Corporations Act and ASX Listing Rule advice work.
- 5+ years post-admission experience
- Broad experience in one or more of public company transactions, private M&A, equity capital markets transactions, company law and corporate governance
- client focussed
- Interested in business and deals
- Exceptional analytical and drafting skills
- Team player
- Above all keen and ambitious to progress your career
For further information about this role, please contact Jeremy Summers – Head of HR & Operations on (03) 8656 3423.
Gilbert + Tobin endeavours to recruit and fill vacancies directly. However when we do need to engage with agencies, Gilbert + Tobin operates within a preferred suppliers list. Only agencies who have been briefed on a vacancy will be asked to submit CVs. All CVs should be uploaded directly onto the system via the instructions provided by the HR contact. We are unable to accept candidate CVs via email.