Come and right wrong with us. At Shine Lawyers, we are a non-traditional law firm committed to understanding the needs of our clients, pro-actively working to stand up for the little guy. We’re a national team of 700+ dedicated people who enjoy coming in each day to help make a difference.
We are proud to have a strong Class Actions presence nationally, having assisted clients secure justice in some of the nation's largest Class Actions, including historic settlements such as the Ethicon/Johnson & Johnson Class Action, PFAS contamination class actions, and DePuy ASR hip implant class action.
Shine's reputation as a leader in the Class Actions space in Australia has seen an organic increase in the number and size of the Class Actions being handled by this high-performing team, and, consequently, strong growth in the size of the department itself.
Due to this recent success, we are offering a rare opportunity for a Senior Associate, with significant experience as a personal injury solicitor, to join our Class Actions team in Brisbane CBD to work primarily across the Ethicon/Johnson & Johnson Class Action.
You will grow and lead a small team, whose broad focus is to assess claims, in line with a prescribed framework. Your project management skills, and excellence in personal injury claims, will see you contribute to the development of this framework.
This role is ideal for an expert personal injuries solicitor who loves getting results for their clients, but without the cut-and-thrust of business development. Although we are ideally seeking someone on a full time, permanent basis, we're open to flexible working options for the right candidate.
In addition to a competitive remuneration and market-leading benefits program, through our formal Professional Development Program, you will also have the opportunity to progress to the next step in your associateship journey.
- Be involved in some of the biggest class actions in the country
- Draft legal documents and correspondence in a concise and effective manner
- Assist with group member management and quantification of class losses
- Develop and maintain strong professional working relationships with stakeholders in class actions including clients and funders, effective and regular communication and managing the clients' expectations
- Take an active role in working with and mentoring law clerks, paralegals and administrative professionals
- Engage with highly experienced and exceptional Class Actions practitioners - learn from the best
- Minimum 6 years' PAE
- Significant experience as a personal injuries solicitor
- Team leadership abilities, with the desire to grow and mentor more junior practitioners
- Ability to work with and manage large volumes of complex documents and reports
- Strong communication skills
- Strong technology skills including MS Office, Microsoft Excel, electronic discovery databases and other document management systems
- Strong attention to detail and research skills
What we offer
An ASX listed company with great aspirations; growing emerging practice areas. Our search is for like-minded people, passionate about righting wrong and putting the client at the heart of all they do. We offer:
- Opportunity to reach your potential
- Competitive remuneration and benefits program
- A progressive and supportive working environment
We look forward to receiving your application.