APA Group is one of Australia’s leading energy infrastructure businesses, with a strong track record of delivering successful projects across Australia.
As an ASX top 50 organisation, we invest in you. As a growing and dynamic business, we provide the support to enable you to advance your career and we understand that one size does not fit all. You will benefit from flexible working arrangements and a variety of complimentary programs, geared to improve mental and physical well-being. We embrace our social responsibility as a successful business, and engage in sustainable initiatives to benefit the environment and local communities where we work.
About the role
We are currently seeking a projects or construction lawyer with 8+ years’ experience, to partner with the business on major energy and infrastructure projects across Australia.
This is a challenging and diverse role, covering gas pipelines, gas storage and processing facilities, gas fired power generation assets and renewable energy assets (covering a growing portfolio of wind and solar farms). On offer is the chance to work with all levels of the business for the full life cycle of our infrastructure projects. The role comes with variety and challenge, as you help deliver innovative energy solutions for our customers.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating a broad range of contracts for our major projects, with a primary focus on construction contracts, development agreements and procurement contracts;
- Providing advice and guidance to project teams on construction claims and disputes;
- Partnering with the business to identify, assess and manage legal risks and achieve key business outcomes;
- Managing external providers of legal services; and
- Providing training to project teams on legislative developments.
The successful candidate will have:
- At least 8+ years’ post admission experience;
- Experience in front-end construction matters (either as a projects lawyer or construction specialist);
- Some exposure to back-end construction matters, such as claims and disputes;
- Sound law firm training and preferably experience working in an in-house legal environment;
- Strong communication and relationship building skills; and
- A commercial and strategic approach, with the ability to work independently.
You will have autonomy and work with a small and close-knit legal team. We will support the successful candidate with competitive remuneration, employee benefits and dedicated professional development. Part-time / flexible work arrangements are available.
If you have the focus, energy and ideas that will help shape the future of our business then we’d love to hear from you! Should you wish to apply please submit your application to https://www.apa.com.au/careers/connecting-people-to-apa/
APA is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and inclusion, and recognise the value of the unique talents, experiences and perspectives of our people.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Australia to be considered.