The Tax Institute is a member-based organisation for the tax profession with an impressive 70+ year history. We focus on advancement of public knowledge and understanding of the laws relating to taxation in Australia by disseminating information through our suite of products and services to over 40,000 business leaders, tax professionals, government employees and students.
Based in our Sydney CBD head office location and reporting to the Senior Tax Counsel, we are looking for a seasoned tax professional to work as part of our Tax Policy and Advocacy team to provide tax technical services to our members and government stakeholders. You will represent the Institute on and have involvement with key external tax and tax-related forums. You will manage the Institute’s internal tax committees and sub-committees, draft and prepare representations and submissions to key government stakeholders and provide information regarding tax policy developments to our members. You will also brief the Senior Tax Counsel on tax issues that require advocacy at a senior level and write and contribute to the Institute’s publications on tax policy.
To be successful in this role you must have:
- Minimum 12 years’ dedicated technical tax experience, having worked in a law or accounting firm or equivalent
- Experience at working with Boards and Committees
- Well-developed stakeholder engagement skills and management of stakeholder expectations to achieve business objectives
- Ability to analyse, interpret and communicate tax technical information
- Experience at making submissions and representations on tax-related issues
- Superior analytical and organisational skills
- A Masters of Tax and/or further tax technical study
Essential to your success will be your eye for detail and ability to find successful outcomes to complex and dynamic tax issues. You will have the opportunity to get involved in different ways in a supportive environment that values your contribution and opinion. We foster respect, empowerment and balance as part of our daily lives.
Have the necessary experience and skills set? Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. When applying please include a letter of application addressing the selection criteria along with your CV. If you would like to receive a copy of the Position Description, please email to email@example.com
The Tax Institute prides itself on maintaining a diverse, inclusive, equal opportunity and respectful workplace