find the latest legal job
Corporate/Commercial Lawyers (2-5 years PAE)
Category: Corporate and Commercial Law | Location: Adelaide SA 5000
· Specialist commercial law firm · Long-term career progression
View details
Graduate Lawyer / Up to 1.5 yr PAE Lawyer
Category: Personal Injury Law | Location: Brisbane CBD & Inner Suburbs Brisbane QLD
· Mentoring Opportunity in Regional QLD · Personal Injury Law
View details
Corporate and Commercial Partner
Category: Corporate and Commercial Law | Location: Adelaide SA 5000
· Full time · Join a leading Adelaide commercial law firm
View details
In-house Legal Counsel & Commercial Lawyers
Category: Corporate and Commercial Law | Location: All Sydney NSW
· Providing lawyers with flexibility and control over when they work, how they work and who they work for.
View details
In-house Legal Counsel & Commercial Lawyers
Category: Corporate and Commercial Law | Location: All Melbourne VIC
· Providing lawyers with flexibility and control over when they work, how they work and who they work for.
View details
Xenith IP releases half-year results

Xenith IP releases half-year results

results

Listed firm Xenith IP Group has performed strongly in the first half of 2015-16 following its corporate restructure and IPO in November last year.

Xenith IP’s revenue was $16.3 million, up 21 per cent on the first half of 2014-15.

This result was presented ‘pro forma’ to highlight underlying performance, adjusted for IPO costs and other one-off expenses associated with the re-organisation of the business.

The group’s operating cash flow before financing and tax was $4.1 million, with net debt at $1.3 million (down from $2.8 million at IPO).

Work in progress was at $0.65 million, equivalent to eight days of professional revenue.

Xenith IP said it “remains confident of achieving 2015-16 prospectus forecasts”.

Revenue growth has been driven by several factors, according to the group. These include the transition to USD billing and favourable FX movements, and the increase in Australian patent examination intensity following the ‘Raising the Bar’ legislation.  

The America Invents Act legislation in the US also helped raise revenue, according to Xenith IP. These were transitional provisions that had the effect of bringing forward a proportion of US originating Australian patent applications to the first half, which may otherwise have been filled in the second half of 2015-16.

Xenith IP is the holding company of Shelston IP, Shelston IP Lawyers and Xenith IP services. It has around 100 employees, including over 40 patent and trademark attorneys and IP lawyers.

Its core business is to provide a range of IP services, including identification, registration, management, commercialisation and enforcement of IP rights locally and internationally.

The majority (73 per cent in 2014-15) of Xenith IP’s revenue was derived from foreign clients, with the remainder (27 per cent in 2014-15) from Australasia.

Like this story? Read more:

QLS condemns actions of disgraced lawyer as ‘stain on the profession’

NSW proposes big justice reforms to target risk of reoffending

The legal budget breakdown 2017

Xenith IP releases half-year results
lawyersweekly logo
Promoted content
Recommended by Spike Native Network
more from lawyers weekly
Dec 18 2017
Summer in the city
Across Australia, a number of law students have kicked off their commercial law aspirations with the...
microscope
Dec 18 2017
‘Exorbitant legal fees’ under government microscope
With the growing number of class action proceedings in Australia, the government is looking at how ...
Funds, money, cash
Dec 18 2017
Law Access WA receives welcome funding
Law Access Western Australia has received a grant from the state government to fund its pro bono leg...
APPOINTMENTS
Allens managing partner Richard Spurio, image courtesy Allens' website
Jun 21 2017
Promo season at Allens
A group of lawyers at Allens have received promotions across its PNG and Australian offices. ...
May 11 2017
Partner exits for in-house role
A Victorian lawyer has left the partnership of a national firm to start a new gig with state governm...
Esteban Gomez
May 11 2017
National firm recruits ‘major asset’
A national law firm has announced it has appointed a new corporate partner who brings over 15 years'...
opinion
Nicole Rich
May 16 2017
Access to justice for young transgender Australians
Reform is looming for the process that young transgender Australians and their families must current...
Geoff Roberson
May 11 2017
The lighter side of the law: when law and comedy collide
On the face of it, there doesn’t seem to be much that is amusing about the law, writes Geoff Rober...
Help
May 10 2017
Advocate’s immunity – without fear or without favour but not both
On 29 March 2017, the High Court handed down its decision in David Kendirjian v Eugene Lepore & ...