Michael Jackson's doctor has posted a video on YouTube to declare his innocence after going into hiding since 25 June.
Dr Conrad Murray, who claims to have found Jackson unconscious and with a faint pulse in his mansion, is now the target of a police manslaughter investigation.
In the video he thanked his patients and friends for their support and said: "I have done all I can do. I told the truth, and I have faith the truth will prevail."
Last week, police raided a Las Vegas pharmaceutical supplier searching for a certain batch of anaesthetic and receipts for purchases made by Murray on his credit card in May, revealed the Herald Sun.
Reports have alleged that the night before Jackson died, Murray gave him the drug Propofol, also known as Diprivan but his lawyers claim that nothing was administered that "should have killed him", reported the Herald Sun.
Murray, who has hired a bodyguard, had his lawyer's publicist help record the YouTube clip in Houston and said he did so to let his supporters know he had been receiving their messages.
"Because of all that is going on, I am afraid to return phone calls or emails," he said.
"I have not been able to thank you personally, which, as you know, is not normal for me. Your messages give me strength and courage and keep me going."
Murray was hired by Jackson's concert promoters to ensure he was healthy for his comeback tour. Jackson's mother, Katherine, said on Wednesday that the family had "floated the idea" of commencing legal action against the doctor.
Jackson will be buried on 29 August, on what would have been his 51st birthday, in an exclusive sealed section of Hollywood cemetery, Glendale's Forest Lawn, which is also the resting place of celebrities including Nat King Cole, Clark Gable, Errol Flynn and Walt Disney.
View Dr Conrad Murray's statement
Like this story? Read more: