Technological innovation within the legal sector was recognized at the recent Lawtech Summit and Awards, held at the The Hyatt Coolum in Queensland.
Each year the two-day summit highlights the latest advancements in legal technology and brings together IT managers and technology staff from across the profession to meet, network and exchange ideas. The awards celebrate the latest innovative projects that have been launched within the industry.
This year more than 15 speakers, representing top and mid-tier firms and specialist IT consultancies, presented on issues ranging from re-architecting applications and data architecture, using technology to manage costs, billable hour alternatives and law firm economics in the downturn.
The winners of this year's Lawtech Awards are:
* Gilbert + Tobin - Best Practice in Knowledge Management
* Arnold Bloch Leibler - Security and Risk Management\
* Minter Ellison SA/NT - Legal IT Team of the Year (Small to Medium Firm)
* Corrs Chambers Westgarth - Legal IT team of the Year (Large Firm)
* Sparke Helmore - Most Innovative In-house Technology Project
- Zoe Lyon
Like this story? Read more: