High Court Justice Susan Kiefel is among a distinguished group of seven to receive an honorary doctorate from the University of Queensland this year.
Kiefel received a Doctorate of Laws honoris causa at a business, economics and law graduation ceremony held at the university's St Lucia campus on Tuesday. She was also the ceremony's guest speaker.
Recipients for the honorary doctorate awards were selected on a number of factors, including community service, career distinction and contribution to the university.
Along with Kiefel, this year's recipients of honorary doctorates also included:
* Poet Professor Emeritus Thomas Shapcott AO
* Art dealer Ray Hughes
* Banker and businesswoman Dr Helen Nugent AO
* Orchestrator of the international expansion of UQ's Triple P - Positive Parenting Program - Des McWilliam
* Animal health advocate John Stewart AM
* Mining specialist Nick Stump