Most IP professionals (including lawyers, attorneys, searchers, IP managers and administrators) have traditionally worked as employees within professional services firms or in-house teams. Flexible resourcing solutions allow IP specialists to work in new ways–to undertake stimulating, varied work in different contexts. Options might include working on-site or from home, full-time or part-time, and on fixed term contracts of varying durations.
You have control to choose placements on terms that suit your lifestyle and career aspirations – your joy.
Examples of flexible IP career pathways might be a:
- junior IP specialist – looking to build skills and experience in different client environments, and an opportunity to observe and learn from more experienced practitioners
- IP attorney – wanting to work flexibility to accommodate family commitments
- IP manager – who loves working with an interesting portfolio, but also wants time for a ‘side hustle’
- very senior IP practitioner – with valuable, unique insights, who is not yet ready to retire, but wants to cut back on multi-client demands
- IP litigator – who immerses themselves in a client’s commercial concerns, and when the matter resolves, heads overseas
Is that you, or someone like you?
If you’re an IP specialist looking for a diverse career pathway to balance your joy, perhaps flexible IP specialist resourcing is for you!
ipervescence is passionate about the role of IP as a business tool to unlock value. We offer flexible career pathways for IP specialists, by connecting them with professional services firms and in-house teams.
To find out how to join our talent community, visit the ipervescence website or to get in touch with us:
Karen Hallenstein & Jane Perrier - Managing Principals, ipervescence