Coca-Cola European Partners advised on acquisition

By Jerome Doraisamy|29 October 2020
Coca-Cola European Partners advised on acquisition

Coca-Cola European Partners is looking to acquire Australian-listed company Coca-Cola Amatil.

Firm: Corrs Chambers Westgarth, in conjunction with Slaughter and May (Coca-Cola European Partners).

Advertisement
Advertisement

Deal: Under the terms of the proposal, CCEP will acquire 69.2 per cent of CCA’s existing share capital from its independent shareholders, by way of an Australian scheme of arrangement and will enter into separate arrangements to acquire the remaining 30.8 per cent interest held by The Coca-Cola Company.

Value: Equity value of $7.8 billion, enterprise value of $10.8 billion.

SPONSORED CONTENT

Area: M&A.

Key players: The Corrs team is being led by partners Sandy Mak and Adam Foreman and the Slaughter and May team by partners Roland Turnill and Rob Innes. The firms are supporting CCEP’s legal department, led by Clare Wardle (general counsel and company secretary), Paul van Reesch (vice-president of legal, corporate) and Jane Wang (director, corporate legal).

Deal significance: The proposed transaction, Corrs said in a statement, would “create a broader and more balanced footprint for CCEP, whilst almost doubling its consumer reach”.

Coca-Cola European Partners advised on acquisition
Intro image
lawyersweekly logo
Big Law

latest

Largest women’s health class action decision upheld

Largest women’s health class action decision upheld

Courtney Lockett

3 firms before 33: How this lawyer did it

Demetrio Zema

NewLaw firm cements fintech presence

Courtney Robertson and Alexandra Grayson

A guide to having a baby, taking leave and returning to work

FROM THE WEB
Recommended by Spike Native Network