find the latest legal job
Senior Associate - Litigation & Dispute Resolution
Category: Litigation and Dispute Resolution | Location: Melbourne CBD & Inner Suburbs Melbourne VIC
· Come work for a firm ranked in Lawyers Weekly Top 25 Attraction Firms
View details
Associate - Workplace Relations & Safety
Category: Industrial Relations and Employment Law | Location: Brisbane CBD & Inner Suburbs Brisbane QLD
· Employer of choice · Strong team culture
View details
Freelance Lawyers
Category: Banking and Finance Law | Location: All Perth WA
· Freelance opportunities through Vario from Pinsent Masons
View details
Freelance Lawyers
Category: Other | Location: All Adelaide SA
· • Qualified lawyer with a strong academic background
View details
Freelance Lawyers
Category: Other | Location: All Melbourne VIC
· • Qualified lawyer with a strong academic background
View details
Yara heightens presence in Pilbara

Yara heightens presence in Pilbara

Clayton Utz, Freehills and Clifford Chance have advised on an acquisition in Western Australia's booming Pilbara mining region

Firms: Clayton Utz (Yara International ASA), Freehills (ANZ), Clifford Chance (Australian counsel to Apache Energy)

Deal: Norwegian-based chemical company Yara expands its interests in Western Australia's booming Pilbara mining region

Area: Corporate

Value: $US143 million ($133 million)

Key players: The Clutz team was led by Melbourne corporate partner Rod Lyle (pictured), senior associate John Brewster, Perth litigation partner Scott Crabb and senior associate David Benson. Rodd Levy led the Freehills team and Michael Lishman led the Clifford Chance team

Deal significance: Under the deal, signed on 1 February, Yara will become the majority owner of Burrup Holdings Limited (BHL) by increasing its stake in BHL from 35 to 51 per cent. Yara will also become joint owner of BHL subsidiary Burrup Fertilisers Pty Ltd (to be renamed Yara Burrup) together with oil and gas producer and explorer Apache Energy Limited, which has acquired the remaining 49 per cent interest in BHL for approximately $US439 million.

Like this story? Read more:

QLS condemns actions of disgraced lawyer as ‘stain on the profession’

NSW proposes big justice reforms to target risk of reoffending

The legal budget breakdown 2017

Yara heightens presence in Pilbara
lawyersweekly logo
Promoted content
Recommended by Spike Native Network
more from lawyers weekly
Scales of Justice, ALA, right-to-die law
Oct 24 2017
‘Right-to-die’ laws would be a relief for terminally ill: ALA
The passage of an assisted dying bill through the lower house of Victorian Parliament has been haile...
Diversity
Oct 24 2017
Diversity top of agenda for future WA Law Society president
The advancement of diversity in the Western Australian legal profession will be one of the key items...
Jetski
Oct 23 2017
How to fail well
The legal profession is due for an attitude adjustment when it comes to perceived failures, accordin...
APPOINTMENTS
Allens managing partner Richard Spurio, image courtesy Allens' website
Jun 21 2017
Promo season at Allens
A group of lawyers at Allens have received promotions across its PNG and Australian offices. ...
May 11 2017
Partner exits for in-house role
A Victorian lawyer has left the partnership of a national firm to start a new gig with state governm...
Esteban Gomez
May 11 2017
National firm recruits ‘major asset’
A national law firm has announced it has appointed a new corporate partner who brings over 15 years'...
opinion
Nicole Rich
May 16 2017
Access to justice for young transgender Australians
Reform is looming for the process that young transgender Australians and their families must current...
Geoff Roberson
May 11 2017
The lighter side of the law: when law and comedy collide
On the face of it, there doesn’t seem to be much that is amusing about the law, writes Geoff Rober...
Help
May 10 2017
Advocate’s immunity – without fear or without favour but not both
On 29 March 2017, the High Court handed down its decision in David Kendirjian v Eugene Lepore & ...