Have you ever said something about your boss that you regret? On a social media site where your comments are there for all and sundry to see? Forever?
At a seminar on the risks of social networking held by BlandsLaw last week, we were treated to a PowerPoint presentation showing just why workplaces need to have strict social media policies in place.
Having enjoyed a chuckle at the misfortune (or stupidity) of others, Folklaw thought it apt to share with you 10 of the world's best, worst-ever tweets about work.
The only drawback is that we don't know whether these people actually kept their jobs ...
1. "New attractive man at work. He is what makes sexual harassment in the workplace acceptable."
2. "I absolutely hate my boss. Asshole."
3. "Something I don't feel bad about today: playing hooky from work with Evan on this cold, rainy day. Don't feel bad at all for it."
4. "I'd sure love to see my name on a check this size. Too bad it's the boss man's (attaching a link with a photo of her boss's massive pay check, complete with bank details)."
5. "I hate it when the IT, admin and finance people are lazy and I cannot get my reports out!!! F*CK U! I know it's December, but WORK!"
6. "I do surveys with Optus customers at work. I would never go with them!"
7. "I just got to work (Oracle) and I am doing as little as possible."
8. "Huh, with my boss on twitter, maaaybe I should take down that sexy picture of her... but her reaction will be priceless!"
9. "Having sex dreams of people you work with makes for an awkward day."
10. "Hate my job!! I want to tell my bosses how dumb they are and how meaningless this job is, then quit, and be happy!"
Like this story? Read more: