1. Favourite lawyer joke?
The Justice Duffy’s minority dissenting judgement in the engineer’s case. Hilarious! What was he thinking?
2. What makes you laugh on a Monday morning?
News traffic and current affairs — and, of course, the latest weather — all on 702 ABC Sydney
3. Numbers or words?
4. Who do you trust more — lawyers or scientists?
If i say “scientists” I’ll get sued ... then again, if I say “lawyers” someone will invent a mega-gamma-death ray and fry me. I love those science types
5. What do you wear to work?
The second-best track pants I can find — I save the best ones for lounging around the house in the afternoon when I get home from work
6. If you didn’t do what you do, what would you do?
I often don’t do what I’m meant to be doing anyway — so I think that question might be redundant. I would like to play about 6 hours of chess a day, but my two kids would consider it a bit of an indulgence, I suspect
7. Current music dominating the MP3 player/iPod/stereo?
Sigur Ros - the best Icelandic, beat-filled, synth-driven powerpop going around
8. Last book you put down because you just couldn't stand it?
Books? I never read anything — apart from Lawyers Weekly.
Adam Spencer, along with Lex Lasry QC, will look at the funnier side of the law at theLawyers Weekly Last Laugh Luncheon on 10 October in Sydney. For bookings see page 37.
Like this story? Read more: